U-Prep’s boys basketball team captured its second straight Northern Section Division IV championship with a 52-44 win over No. 2 Pierce Saturday at Shasta College.
The Panthers got 17 points from junior Tanner Stephens in the victory and Kevin Cox had three momentum shifting baskets in the game — a three-quarter court buzzer-beater, a backward reverse layup and a 3-pointer late to seal the game for the Panthers.
Coverage presented by Redding Rancheria.
Video by Tracy Holmes/Shasta County Sports
- CIF cancels spring sports schedules, championships
- Basketball all-league teams announced for Northern Section
- Northern Section all-league soccer teams announced
- UPDATE: CIF takes wait-and-see approach with canceling spring season; schools remain closed into April
- CIF cancels state basketball finals; spring sports could be in jeopardy