Shasta High’s basketball team scored 16 points in overtime with James Weaver hitting the go-ahead 3-pointer with 20 seconds left to beat rival Enterprise 71-68 at Harlan Carter Gymnasium Friday night.
Weaver scored a career-high 26 points in the win, including 18 in the first half and a total of five 3-pointers. Simon Turner hit two free throws with 5 seconds left to send it to overtime. JT Beasley finished with 13 points for Shasta.
Enterprise’s Jermaine Mondaine and Demarreya Lewis-Cooper each had career nights as well, scoring 29 and 28 points, respectively.
Video by Tracy Holmes/Shasta County Sports
- Northern Section approves both two-season, three-season sport formats for 2020-21
- State health directive ends chance for Northern Section fall football season
- EAL fall sport options shrinking, shifts more sports around
- NAL aligns football, volleyball with CIF calendar; submitting proposal to county health officials for individual sport guidelines
- The Northern Plan: How to play football and volleyball in counties not on the state watch list