Pick your poison … because West Valley’s Sean Proscher can beat you in a number of different ways.
The lanky 6-foot, 2-inch junior is as crafty around the basket as he is deadly from outside the 3-point arc. And when Proscher heats up … look out. He was named MVP of the Jamie Angley Hornet Classic after averaging 17 over the three-game stretch that saw the Eagles take the title. For that, and all that he does for the Eagles, Proscher is the Tri Counties Bank Boys Basketball Player of the Week.
In the opening round of the Jamie Angley Hornet Classic, the Eagles’ sharpshooter led the attack against Shasta, dropping a game-high 24 points and feeding a frenzy of buckets from teammates as well.
Up 11-10 after a slow start, the Eagles hit on 6-of-10 from the field in the second quarter against the Wolves … with five of the makes coming from distance. Proscher got the ball rolling and teammates Marcus Francescut and Tyler Chan also nailed triples.
The following night against fellow Division IV foe U-Prep, Proscher scored 14, including 10 in the second period of a 58-43 win. He banked in a high floater, later attacked the rim for 2 and scored the final five points of the half, fueled by an and-1 to give West Valley a 15-point edge at intermission.
“That’s what Sean does, he takes over the game,” Chan said to Shasta County Sports after the U-Prep win. “He loves the game and plays with heart.”
Proscher also earns a free drink coupon from Black Rose Coffee & Tea, a sponsor for the Player of the Week for the Boys & Girls Basketball season.
Tri Counties Bank Boys Player of the Week
- Northern Section approves both two-season, three-season sport formats for 2020-21
- State health directive ends chance for Northern Section fall football season
- EAL fall sport options shrinking, shifts more sports around
- NAL aligns football, volleyball with CIF calendar; submitting proposal to county health officials for individual sport guidelines
- The Northern Plan: How to play football and volleyball in counties not on the state watch list