We are at the halfway point of the spring 2021 football season and this upcoming week will show a lot about who’s in the upper echelon and who’s building for the fall.
Everyone has multiple games under their belt and there are a few intriguing matchups this week.
Here’s a look at the Shasta County Sports Power Rankings following Week 3.
Editor’s note: We did not rank Redding Christian due to only three games on its schedule in spring 2021. The Lions are 1-1 with a win over Los Molinos and a loss to Central Valley.
7. Anderson Cubs
Last week: T6 | Record: 0-2 | Result: Idle, game canceled due to COVID
The Cubs were idled last week because of COVID and forced to cancel their game against Central Valley. The loss of a game cemented Big Blue’s place at No. 7 – if you can’t play, it’s hard to move up. The bad news for Anderson is the 10-day quarantine also affects its South County Collision game with rival West Valley, originally scheduled for Friday. Initial word is the district won’t allow the game to be played Saturday, which would fall outside of the Cubs’ quarantine.
Up next: vs. Lassen on April 16
- Football Updates: Week 5 – April 16
- After slow start, Shasta volleyball downs Red Bluff in four sets 20-25, 25-23, 25-21, 25-16
- Cover Two Podcast: Week 5 action with River Bowl XXIX, Foothill-WV, U-Prep-CV
- Week 5 Previews: Unbeaten CV faces toughest test in U-Prep in GOTW
- Shasta County Sports Report: April 12-18