The Harlan Carter Invitational is a mainstay when it comes to preseason basketball tournaments in the North State. With the girls tourney in its 46th season, there’s still high level of play every night.
In addition to the three district schools — Enterprise, Foothill and Shasta — this year’s Harlan Carter includes Chico, Willows, Placer of Auburn, last year’s champion Sacramento High and, new to this year, Nevada Union of Grass Valley.
Games start Thursday at 4 p.m. and run through the championship game Saturday at 5 p.m. at Foothill High School. For the second straight year, Shasta County Sports is an Exclusive Sponsor for the Prestigious Harlan Carter Invitational.
Click the arrows to see a primer on each team, starting with the tournament host Foothill Cougars:
- State health directive ends chance for Northern Section fall football season
- EAL fall sport options shrinking, shifts more sports around
- NAL aligns football, volleyball with CIF calendar; submitting proposal to county health officials for individual sport guidelines
- The Northern Plan: How to play football and volleyball in counties not on the state watch list
- Northern Section ‘mountain schools’ pushing for fall football season