Josiah Hutt earned Harlan Carter MVP honors and was named the Shasta County Sports Player of the Week. (Photo by TJ Holmes / Shasta County Sports)
The Tri Counties Bank boys basketball Player of the Week is the same guy who led Foothill to its first Harlan Carter Invitational title since 1993, earning MVP honors while averaging nearly 19 points per game for the three-night tournament.
Josiah Hutt, the No. 4 returning player in Shasta County Sports countdown, played like the chants of Foothill’s “Jungle” over the weekend – “MVP!” “MVP!”
On Thursday, Hutt dropped 21 against Washington state’s Washougal in the tourney opener and followed that with a prime-time performance of 22 points and nine boards against Enterprise. And while Shasta “held” him to 14 in the championship game win, Hutt’s 3-pointer with time waning in the fourth quarter showed what clutch was all about.
Hutt also earns a free drink coupon from Black Rose Coffee & Tea, a sponsor for the Player of the Week for the Boys & Girls Basketball season.
- Northern Section all-league soccer teams announced
- UPDATE: CIF takes wait-and-see approach with canceling spring season; schools remain closed into April
- CIF cancels state basketball finals; spring sports could be in jeopardy
- Gallery: West Valley’s historic state run falls short in nine-point loss to Branson
- West Valley comes up short in bid for state, falling 57-48 to Branson in NorCal finals