Josiah Hutt earned Harlan Carter MVP honors and was named the Shasta County Sports Player of the Week. (Photo by TJ Holmes / Shasta County Sports)
The Tri Counties Bank boys basketball Player of the Week is the same guy who led Foothill to its first Harlan Carter Invitational title since 1993, earning MVP honors while averaging nearly 19 points per game for the three-night tournament.
Josiah Hutt, the No. 4 returning player in Shasta County Sports countdown, played like the chants of Foothill’s “Jungle” over the weekend – “MVP!” “MVP!”
On Thursday, Hutt dropped 21 against Washington state’s Washougal in the tourney opener and followed that with a prime-time performance of 22 points and nine boards against Enterprise. And while Shasta “held” him to 14 in the championship game win, Hutt’s 3-pointer with time waning in the fourth quarter showed what clutch was all about.
Hutt also earns a free drink coupon from Black Rose Coffee & Tea, a sponsor for the Player of the Week for the Boys & Girls Basketball season.
- Northern Section approves both two-season, three-season sport formats for 2020-21
- State health directive ends chance for Northern Section fall football season
- EAL fall sport options shrinking, shifts more sports around
- NAL aligns football, volleyball with CIF calendar; submitting proposal to county health officials for individual sport guidelines
- The Northern Plan: How to play football and volleyball in counties not on the state watch list