The 23rd-ranked Shasta College Knights (4-3) are hosting winless Santa Rosa Junior College Bear Cubs (0-7) Saturday for a 6 p.m. kickoff at Memorial Stadium. It’s the 31st meeting between the two teams, who first squared off in 1962.
Pregame broadcast starts at 5:40 p.m.
If you feel like supporting Shasta County Sports and their effort in broadcasting Shasta College games, there is a DONATE button on the media player (scroll down where you would hit play). Any amount is much appreciated for our dedicated team doing this on their free time.
Aaron Williams is on the play-by-play, T.J. Holmes is on the color commentary, Tracy Holmes is the camera operator and Mike Daly is on the field taking photos. Today’s game is brought to you by our sponsors: Shasta Orthopaedics, Tri Counties Bank and Redding Rancheria.
- Santa Rosa owns the all-time series 20-10 against Shasta, including 8 of the past 9 but the Knights won the last meeting 24-17 on Sept. 21, 2019 before Santa Rosa entered into the NorCal Conference.
- Shasta last game: lost to #24 Sierra 38-15
- Santa Rosa last game: lost to #18 American River 38-22 on Oct. 23
- Shasta ranks 9th in the state in rushing yards per game with 193
- Running back Tyler Boston ranks 5th in the state with 99.1 rushing yards per game and is 10th with 8 TDs
- Defensive back Maurice Outten is tied for 1st in the state with 5 interceptions
- Linebacker Anthony Slayton is 10th in the state with 8.3 tackles per game and 9th in tackles for a loss (11)
- Knights’ defense ranks 9th in the state in rushing yards allowed per game with 79.3
Santa Rosa Bear Cubs
- Bear Cubs have played a Top 25 ranked opponent every week this season, Shasta makes it the 8th straight
- Santa Rosa has scored only one touchdown in the first quarter all year
- Opponents are converting on 3rd Down 44% of the time against Santa Rosa
Week 9 Games – NorCal Conference
Santa Rosa (0-2 NorCal, 0-7) at #23 Shasta (1-2 NorCal, 4-3) | 6 p.m.
#11 American River (3-0 NorCal, 5-3) at #19 Sierra (1-1 NorCal, 4-3) | 1 p.m.
#15 Butte (2-1 NorCal, 4-4) at Siskiyous (0-1 NorCal, 1-5) | 1 p.m.