The Shasta College Knights (4-5) look to snap a three-game skid when they host College of the Sequoias (4-5) for a 1 p.m. kickoff Saturday at Memorial Stadium in the regular season finale. It’s the fourth meeting between the two teams, who first squared off in 1965 and then not again until 2018 and 2019.
Pregame broadcast starts at 12:45 p.m.
If you feel like supporting Shasta County Sports and their effort in broadcasting Shasta College games, there is a DONATE button on the media player (scroll down where you would hit play). Any amount is much appreciated for our dedicated team doing this on their free time.
T.J. Holmes is on the play-by-play, Cody Fisher is a guest color commentary analyst, Tracy Holmes is on the camera and Mike Daly is on the field taking photos. Today’s game is brought to you by our sponsors: Shasta Orthopaedics, Tri Counties Bank and Redding Rancheria.
- Shasta owns the all-time series 2-1 against Sequoias, including a 20-7 defeat in 2019 at home.
- Shasta last game: lost to Butte 49-6
- Santa Rosa last game: lost to Modesto 51-37
- Shasta ranks 19th in the state in rushing yards per game with 165.4
- Running back Tyler Boston ranks 12th in the state with 81 rushing yards per game and is 16th with 8 rushing TDs
- Boston needs 54 rushing yards to move into 5thplace on the all-time rushing list for Shasta and 63 yards to move into 4th place
- Defensive back Maurice Outten is 6th in the state with 5 interceptions
- Linebacker Anthony Slayton is 6th in the state with 80 tackles and 8.9 tackles per game and 10th in tackles for a loss (13)
- Knights’ defense ranks 18th in the state in rushing yards allowed per game with 114.2
College of the Sequoias Giants
- Sequoias ranks 12th in passing yards per game (265.6 yards)
- The Giants rank 6th in the state in third down percentage (47%)
- Nathan Lamb ranks 17th in passing yards on the season (1,762)