The West Valley girls basketball team fell one game short of playing for a CIF Division V state title. But the Eagles became the second straight Northern Section girls team to reach the NorCal finals, following in Enterprise’s footsteps on 2019 when the Hornets reached the Division II NorCal finals.
And while the Eagles can’t hang a state banner in the gym, they won the Northern Athletic League title, the Northern Section Division VI crown and had the whole North State rooting them on in the 57-48 loss to Branson on Tuesday.
Playoff action is presented by Redding Rancheria.
Shasta County Sports was there to follow the Eagles through regular season play and postseason action. Congratulations to coach Lenny Ehn and his girls on their tremendous season.
Photographer Mike Daly captured tremendous images from Tuesday’s NorCal finals.
- Greg Grandell, West Valley varsity football staff hand in resignations
- West Valley football program being investigated by school board for hazing allegations
- Northern Section approves both two-season, three-season sport formats for 2020-21
- State health directive ends chance for Northern Section fall football season
- EAL fall sport options shrinking, shifts more sports around