Shasta College opened up its spring football camp this week and got back on the practice field for the first time since promoting offensive coordinator Bryon Hamilton to head coach in March.
Hamilton is the first head coach Shasta College has named since giving Craig Thompson the role in 1997. Thompson is staying on the staff as the defensive coordinator.
The Knights wrapped up their second spring practice on the field Wednesday and have about 50 players out so far on a regular basis between spring workouts and lifting and drill work on the field, including installing the offensive, defensive and special teams playbooks.
Here are some photos from Shasta County Sports photographer Mike Daly from Wednesday’s practice.
- Annual Lions All-Star Football Game canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Foothill’s Josiah Palumbo named Shasta County Sports Boys Basketball MVP
- Shasta County Sports 2019-20 All-County boys basketball team
- West Valley’s Madalynn Bassett earns Shasta County Sports Girls Basketball MVP honors
- Shasta County Sports 2019-20 All-County girls basketball team