Weed High School rallied past Fall River 49-47 in the Northern Section Division VI championship game Saturday at Shasta College, ending a 31-year drought since it’s last section crown. The Cougars held the Bulldogs scoreless for over 5 minutes and Grant Lane hit the go-ahead 3 late in the 4th quarter to give Weed the lead for good.
It’s Weed’s first section title since 1989.
Coverage presented by Redding Rancheria.
Photos by Maddie Harrell/Shasta County Sports
- CIF cancels spring sports schedules, championships
- Basketball all-league teams announced for Northern Section
- Northern Section all-league soccer teams announced
- UPDATE: CIF takes wait-and-see approach with canceling spring season; schools remain closed into April
- CIF cancels state basketball finals; spring sports could be in jeopardy