The Fall River Bulldogs entered their rematch with Modoc tied with the Braves and Biggs atop the Cascade Valley League, needing a win to remain on top of the standings.
It wasn’t easy, but they got it in a 12-0 slugfest that saw a scoreless first half. Quarterback Ryan Osborne was 11-for-18 passing for 120 yards in the game, spreading his 11 completions among six different receivers.
Bradley Danya had two catches for 45 yards, Kenny Westlund with two for 28 yards, Timmy Westlund two for 19 yards, and Blake Boyes and Royce Knoch each had two for nine yards.
Daniel Heniger added a catch for nine yards. Kenny Westlund rushed the ball 18 times for 104 yards and a touchdown, and Timmy Westlund rushed 11 times for 31 yards. Knoch added 5 carries for 35 yards and Benito Perez had a carry for eight yards. Osborne added the second touchdown as the Bulldogs had 309 yards of total offense.
Heniger and Philip Wortman led the team defensively with 7 tackles each, and Danya had a fumble recovery for the Bulldogs to go with 4 tackles, and Xavier Rodriguez added 4 tackles.
The Bulldogs have two regular season games remaining at Weed next Friday and home against Los Molinos on Nov. 8 to end the regular season. At 6-2 overall and 5-1 in league, and holding the tiebreaker against co-leader Biggs, the Bulldogs control their destiny in terms of winning the CVL league.
- Northern Section approves both two-season, three-season sport formats for 2020-21
- State health directive ends chance for Northern Section fall football season
- EAL fall sport options shrinking, shifts more sports around
- NAL aligns football, volleyball with CIF calendar; submitting proposal to county health officials for individual sport guidelines
- The Northern Plan: How to play football and volleyball in counties not on the state watch list