The Darren Trueblood era begins on Eureka Way as the former Enterprise coach comes west. The Panthers open the season Aug. 24 at Pierce.
Here’s some key numbers to look at heading into the 2018 campaign:
Total number of tackles by graduated senior Dawson Gruhler last year, which led the state. He averaged 20.3 tackles per contest.
Number of yards rising senior Dylan Cabral totaled last year for former coach Kyle Anderson. Cabral scored seven rushing touchdowns and averaged just over 65 yards per game on the ground.
The total number of wins since U-Prep began its football program in 2008. The first year, with an influx of talent from the disbanded Bishop Quinn, the Panthers went 7-3.
Number of head coaches in U-Prep varsity history. Trueblood joins Anderson, Brad Baker and Bobby Shufelberger as men to steer the Panthers’ ship.
The number of section titles Trueblood won as head coach of Enterprise. The first came in 2009 over Paradise before winning three straight from 2012-2014, including a CIF State Championship Bowl Game appearance in 2013.
- Shasta County Public Health paves way for high school sport practices to begin
- CCCAA approves plan to move forward with junior college athletics starting in fall
- Annual Lions All-Star Football Game canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Foothill’s Josiah Palumbo named Shasta County Sports Boys Basketball MVP
- Shasta County Sports 2019-20 All-County boys basketball team