Third-year Anderson High head coach Don Trotter looks to build off of the Cubs’ success from last year’s 10-win season. Anderson opens the year Aug. 24 at Red Bluff.
Here’s some key numbers to look at heading into the 2018 campaign:
Parker Phillips scored a touchdown on every 8.2 times he touched the ball during last season’s Northern Section Division III finals run. He ended with 25 touchdowns in 13 games.
The Cubs went 10-3 in 2017, which was the only winning season they’ve had in the past 10 years.
Anderson four team-high marks in the MaxPreps era (since 2004) for team passing yards (1,589), rushing yards (2,981), total yards (4,570) and total yards per game (351.5).
Anderson’s 24-21 victory over West Valley in the Northern Section Division III semifinals not only avenged a 47-8 loss in the regular season meeting called the South County Showdown, but it snapped a 11-game losing streak against its intradistrict rival.
The Cubs did not lose at home last season, going a perfect 6-0 at Bob Reid Stadium in 2017 – the first time they were undefeated at home in the MaxPreps era. Anderson was 4-1 at home in 2008 and 5-1 in 2006.
- Shasta County Public Health paves way for high school sport practices to begin
- CCCAA approves plan to move forward with junior college athletics starting in fall
- Annual Lions All-Star Football Game canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Foothill’s Josiah Palumbo named Shasta County Sports Boys Basketball MVP
- Shasta County Sports 2019-20 All-County boys basketball team