Another day closer to the spring football season means the Top 50 football player rankings countdown continues as a preview for the upcoming 2021 condensed spring season.
Shasta County Sports’ Top 50 players are ranked, in a countdown format, based on varsity experience and potential impact for the upcoming season. Coaches’ opinions, statistics, postseason accolades, video highlights and the “eye test” were all factors in compiling the list.
The only teams included are in Shasta County – Anderson, Burney, Central Valley, Enterprise, Fall River, Foothill, Redding Christian, Shasta, U-Prep and West Valley. A reminder: just because a player plays in a lower division for a smaller school, doesn’t mean their impact is any less than a player from a large school.
The Top 50 Returning Players List is sponsored by Tri Counties Bank, a proud partner of Shasta County Sports.
35. Isaac Vang | OL/DL | Enterprise | Sr.
When you block for a 1,500-yard rusher, there’s a good chance a couple of the linemen are going to earn some accolades. Vang is expected to solidify the offensive line and open up holes for Cortinas as a top returner for the Hornets. Despite Enterprise going 1-10 last year, Vang was part of an offense that averaged 183.1 yards on the ground and paved the way for Shasta County’s top rusher in 11-man football.
- Football Updates: Week 5 – April 16
- After slow start, Shasta volleyball downs Red Bluff in four sets 20-25, 25-23, 25-21, 25-16
- Cover Two Podcast: Week 5 action with River Bowl XXIX, Foothill-WV, U-Prep-CV
- Week 5 Previews: Unbeaten CV faces toughest test in U-Prep in GOTW
- Shasta County Sports Report: April 12-18