Shasta County Sports’ Top 50 players are ranked, in a countdown format, based on varsity experience and potential impact for the upcoming season. Coaches’ opinions, statistics, postseason accolades, video highlights and the “eye test” were all factors in compiling the list.
The only teams included are in Shasta County – Anderson, Burney, Central Valley, Enterprise, Fall River, Foothill, Redding Christian, Shasta, U-Prep and West Valley. A reminder: just because a player plays in a lower division for a smaller school, doesn’t mean their impact is any less than a player from a large school.
The Top 50 Returning Players List is sponsored by Tri Counties Bank, a proud partner of Shasta County Sports.
30. Kenny Westlund | RB/WR/DB | Fall River | Jr.
Fall River is coming off a Northern Section Division V championship and Westlund was a key contributor as an underclassman, leading the Bulldogs with 1,323 all-purpose yards. Head coach Todd Sloat mentioned during the 2019 season that Westlund could be the best athlete out of his older brothers who played — and won several games — for the Bulldogs, including older brother Timmy — Fall River’s leading rusher last year. Kenny nearly matched him with his production on the ground in 2019, totaling 627 yards to Timmy’s 731 but added another 272 on 22 catches and eight total touchdowns. The youth movement with Kenny and a few fellow classmates brings a lot of excitement to McArthur on Friday nights.
- Football Updates: Week 5 – April 16
- After slow start, Shasta volleyball downs Red Bluff in four sets 20-25, 25-23, 25-21, 25-16
- Cover Two Podcast: Week 5 action with River Bowl XXIX, Foothill-WV, U-Prep-CV
- Week 5 Previews: Unbeaten CV faces toughest test in U-Prep in GOTW
- Shasta County Sports Report: April 12-18