Shasta County Sports’ Top 50 players are ranked, in a countdown format, based on varsity experience and potential impact for the upcoming season. Coaches’ opinions, statistics, postseason accolades, video highlights and the “eye test” were all factors in compiling the list.
The only teams included are in Shasta County – Anderson, Burney, Central Valley, Enterprise, Fall River, Foothill, Redding Christian, Shasta, U-Prep and West Valley. A reminder: just because a player plays in a lower division for a smaller school, doesn’t mean their impact is any less than a player from a large school.
The Top 50 Returning Players List is sponsored by Tri Counties Bank, a proud partner of Shasta County Sports.
20. Charlie Stevens | WR/LB | Central Valley | Sr.
Steven’s junior campaign was limited due to a broken collarbone suffered in the Valley Bowl, catching four passes and a touchdown for 53 yards on the season. But the 6-foot-4, 215-pound senior wideout used that as motivation in the offseason to be a physical presence on the gridiron in 2021. He’s the Falcons’ top player and leader who head coach Aaron Richards says is determined to play college football and has fielded calls from multiple levels. Stevens is still raw but is a quickly developing talent with plenty of filling out to do. Once he turns that corner, watch out for the Falcons.
- Football Updates: Week 5 – April 16
- After slow start, Shasta volleyball downs Red Bluff in four sets 20-25, 25-23, 25-21, 25-16
- Cover Two Podcast: Week 5 action with River Bowl XXIX, Foothill-WV, U-Prep-CV
- Week 5 Previews: Unbeaten CV faces toughest test in U-Prep in GOTW
- Shasta County Sports Report: April 12-18