The Shasta County Sports Top 25 boys basketball players are ranked, in a countdown format, based on varsity experience and potential impact for the upcoming season. Coaches’ opinions, statistics, postseason accolades, video highlights and the “eye test” were all factors in compiling the list.
The only teams included are in Shasta County — Anderson, Burney, Central Valley, Enterprise, Fall River, Foothill, Redding Christian, Shasta, U-Prep and West Valley. Some schools (Burney, Fall River and Redding Christian) have opted out of playing hoops this spring to not compete for athletes and other sports during the pandemic but we ranked those players as if they were going to have a season — to be fair to those who have earned the spot to be on the list.
The Top 25 Returning Players List is sponsored by Redding Rancheria, a proud partner of Shasta County Sports.
20. Anthony Ballestin | F | Anderson | Sr.
Like a few other players on this list, Ballestin also stars on the gridiron and uses his size and athleticism to an advantage on the basketball court. He averaged nearly six points per game and 5.3 rebounds per night for the 16-12 Cubs. He scored a season-high 12 points on three separate occasions — against Paradise, Casa Roble and Fortuna — all Anderson victories.
- Redding Rancheria Player of the Game: Shasta Defense
- #23 Shasta College defense forces six turnovers in 31-6 win over rival Siskiyous
- KNIGHT NOTES: #23 Shasta looks for first conference win at Siskiyous Saturday
- KNIGHT TIME: Oct. 21 Shasta College football podcast
- Loss drops Shasta College to 23rd in CCCAA Top 25 poll